21 things I've learned in 21 years

Today (March 20th) I turn 21 years old. That might not be such a big deal for a lot of people, but for me it sort of, kind of, is. I don't care much for birthday celebrations, but I do care about turning a year older, because that means I'm one step closer to adulthood, which I still don't fully comprehend. However, during my 21 years, I've learned something new and valuable every day, shaping who I am today. I'm going to share my wisdom with you today and mention 21 things I've learned for the past 21 years. Hopefully they will help someone out there, or they will just help me reflect all the things I've gone through over the years.

21 things I've learned in my 21 years:

1-  Having a role model is one of the best things ever - it makes you want to be better. Mine are Rory Gilmore, Taylor Swift and Karlie Kloss. They bring me happiness, joy and motivation!
2-  Hard work always leads to feeling proud of yourself. Work hard > get the A > be proud. It always pays off.
3- Failure is a natural thing - learn from your mistakes and don't stop trying until you make it;
4- Not everyone will like you. That's okay, you still have lots of people who love you for who you are.
5- Tea is not just for when you are feeling sick/blue. Tea is for all occasions (and if you drink it with milk, it will taste even better!).
6- An emoji can make someone's day. Use them more frequently!
7- Always choose happiness! Good things will come your way.
8- It's okay to feel sad sometimes. Cry it all out and then pick yourself back up. Life is made of ups and downs, but don't give up.
9- It's okay to feel so good with yourself that you don't need a significant other! Being independent is the key to happiness and joy.
10- It's okay to like things other people find strange/weird/nerdish.
11- It's okay to be nervous. It shows that you're responsible.
12- Just because people say that you shouldn't feel a certain way doesn't mean that you should feel bad/guilty for feeling what you're feeling (aka anxiety and many other issues). It doesn't diminish your pain. You are entitled to your feelings and insecurities. Don't waste time with people that don't understand you and focus on the ones that actually care about you.
13- Minimalism is your go-to choice - in everything.
14- Knowing how to work with Photoshop will help you in many different situations and it will make you happy.
15- If you have a dream, follow it. No matter how hard it is to get there.
16- Stepping out of your comfort zone is scary, but it's worth it (I'm still learning how to step out of it)
17- Coffee is great for staying awake and making it through classes. But it won't help you finish your essay/notes when you're already stressed. Tea is the answer (see 5).
18- Just because you feel inferior, doesn't mean you actually are inferior. Stay positive, you are important and you need to know your own value.
19- Reading will increase your knowledge. Reading for fun is the best hobby you can have.
20- It's always nice to have a little nook/something of your own. It's even better when said nook gives you happiness. Mine is this blog (and reading... and tv shows).
21- Despite of everything you've learned so far, you will still make a lot of mistakes in life. The reason why is that you still have a lot to learn.

I had a lovely birthday, full of energy and positivity. Thank you for all the birthday wishes on instagram and twitter. This community makes me very happy! :) 







No comments