november wrap-up & december tbr

I've immersed in my own bad thoughts and feelings when I should be working, so I decided to take a quick break and write a blog post. That way I can distract myself while I write.

Today I bring you my November wrap-up (lol) and December tbr. Hopefully I can be productive with my reading and maybe read the books I'm choosing. 

@raquelreads on Instagram
I only finished one book in November, even though I tried reading other books -  I just wasn't in the mood for them. The book I finished was YOU by Caroline Kepnes and oh my! This book is so creepy and yet, I found myself understanding Joe's thoughts and actions, until I finally came to my senses and understood what the author was doing. It was sort of like Stockholm syndrome, because you couldn't help but like Joe and rationalise his actions. That's why this book is so good, well written and addictive! I definitely am interest in reading Hidden Bodies by the same author (maybe not right now, though. I'm still recovering from the first book).

This month I want to try to read more, but I don't know if I'll have the time because I have a lot to do for university. However, I decided to make a tbr of the books I want to read and even if I won't be able to complete/follow it, at least I have an idea of what genres and type of books I want to read.

I know this post is a bit late since it's already December 17, but oh well... Here are the books I want to try to read this month:



What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen is my current read and I'm almost done with it. Saint Anything by the same author is one of my favourite books ever so I decided to slowly read more of her books. I don't know if I should have started with this one though. Even though I'm enjoying it, it's not a favourite. I also heard that Saint Anything was very different from her other novels so that might be why I'm not enjoying as much. But hopefully that will change - I still have some pages left.

The Graces by Laure Eve - I started this book while I was reading YOU by Caroline Kepnes and now I feel like I need to finish it because I was actually enjoying it. It wasn't blowing my mind, but still. Hopefully I'll get to it soon!

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver - I mainly want to read this book because of the movie that is coming out in 2017, although I was always curious to read a book by this author. No better time than this one, I guess.

My True Love Gave to Me, edited by Stephanie Perkins - I don't plan on reading every story in this book, just a few to get me in the Holiday spirit. I wanted to read it last Christmas but I wasn't able to.

And that's it! Like I said, I'm not sure I'll even read these books, but I just wanted to write what I've been feeling like reading this month. That way I can also distract myself from university during the holidays (even though I still have two essays to write. Yikes).

What books do you plan on reading this December?

No comments